Carbon Reduction Engineer;
Carbon Reduction Engineer
Reporting to the Asset Reliability Engineering Supervisor, this is an opportunity to advance a dynamic carbon reduction initiative at McClean Lake Operation, a uranium processing plant in Northern Saskatchewan. The successful candidate will have a blended roll of developing the initiative while also executing technical carbon reduction projects.
- Advance a holistic carbon reduction program for Orano Canada Inc (OCI)
- Lead energy/emission reduction working groups
- Develop energy use and emissions baselines to measure initiative success
- Develop and guide carbon reduction goals
- Develop and oversee metrics to monitor initiative success
- Execute multidiscipline projects of small and medium scope in direct support of carbon reduction goals
- Provide engineering expertise, oversight, coaching and guidance within OCI
- Work with other disciplines, subject matter experts and operational personnel to solve problems and ensure quality objectives, schedules and budgets are maintained
- Participate in the development of feasibility studies, value engineering and cost estimates to support carbon reduction goals
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognized university
- Technologists with applicable industrial design experience will be considered
- A minimum of 15 years of applicable work experience
- Preference given to those with experience managing carbon reduction initiatives
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) considered an asset
- Knowledge of codes, standards and best engineering practices as applied to mining and milling applications is considered an asset
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Work Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake Operation
- 14 days in and 14 days out rotating schedule
- Normally an 11 hour work day, although some activity outside or normal working hours may be required
Pick-Up Points: Saskatoon, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Buffalo Narrows and the designated communities in the Athabasca region of Camsell Portage, Uranium City, Stony Rapids, Fond du Lac, and Wollaston.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Apply online at www.orano.group/jobs/en by October 4th, 2022.
Job #: 021-112-M