Manufacturing Operations Manager
- Metrie Canada Ltd.
- 41 Simpson Road, Bolton, Ontario, L7E 2R6
- $100,000 - $120,000
- Job Category
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Purchasing
- Job Type
Position Title: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Company Name: Metrie Canada Ltd.
Business Address: 3500 - 1055 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC, V7X 1H3 (Head Office)
Work Location: Manufacturing plants located at 9151 Huntington Road, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4H 4X1 and 41 Simpson Road, Bolton, Ontario, L7E 2R6 and you will have the opportunity to travel internationally.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Language of Work: English
Wage: $100,000 - $120,000 depending on the candidate’s level of experience and qualifications, and potential for annual merit increases and performance pay raises
Who We Are:
Metrie is a multi-national leader in the millwork industry with over 30 locations, including 6 manufacturing plants, that produces and sells interior finishings across North America. We’re passionate about making a difference by helping our customers transform their houses into homes and love where they live! You’ve probably seen our products in the media featured on tv shows and magazines such as HGTV, Style At Home and House & Home, or by one of our Instagram influencers.
Why should you work for Metrie? With us, you’re more than just a number. We work hard to create a home for our Metrie family where you are empowered to be your best every day. Your contributions matter to us! We take pride in our culture of learning, ownership, and one team, and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone.
As our Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will support hands-on the day-to-day manufacturing operations and multi-facility Project Management within a broad and diverse team to guide and prioritize the focus of engineering and maintenance activities in North America. This person will be responsible for leading greenfield projects of establishing new facilities, designing, implementing, and controlling processes of integrated liquid and high viscosity extruded inline coating applications (i.e., GESSO) on medium-density fiberboard substrates on automated production lines.
Key Relationships: You will report directly to the Director, Corporate Engineering Services and be a key member of our Manufacturing team. You will also be working closely with the Regional Director in our Bolton manufacturing facility.
At a high-level, you will:
- Oversee the manufacturing transformation to streamline the integrated milling and coating applications at our newest facility.
- Develop and execute a plan for commissioning a new plant and startup of new production and infrastructure equipment, including training a team.
- Leading large-scale equipment selection, layout design, material sourcing and necessary activities to ensure the completion of the assigned projects within the established timeline and approved budget.
- Provide support and expertise with regards to manufacturing technology for wood and wood composite processing such as solid wood, MDF, LVL etc.
- Coordinate and drive processes for new equipment design, selection, integration, and automation.
- Engage all levels of management to identify best practices and explore opportunities to increase productivity and streamline functions.
- Plan, manage and execute large-scale strategic Capital Projects to achieve world-class manufacturing processes.
- Review proposals and supervise much of the budgeting and cost analysis for projects. Evaluate schedule, cost constraints, operational and performance specifications for the selection of project materials and components including the vendor qualification process.
- Drive profitable business-oriented process solutions.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- An undergraduate degree in an Industrial Engineering or similar field, or similar education and training.
- Lean/ Six Sigma certification – at least green belt preferred.
Skills / Work Experience
- Proven relevant experience in large-scale wood composite manufacturing processes, one-piece flow, and integrated production automation.
- Well-acquainted with Lumber yield optimization software and techniques.
- Successful track record in contract management, project management, and contractor management.
- Understand the commercial construction process.
- Applied experience of plant infrastructure requirements such as air, electrical, dust removal and data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with financial statements, intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work hands-on.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as required, including international travel.
Metrie cares for each of our employees’ health and well-being; our comprehensive benefits packages are considered to be well above industry standards, and they include extended health care(medical, dental, paramedical, prescriptions, vision care), company-paid insurance and RRSP/DPSP.
How to Apply
Come work with us! Send us your resume by clicking "Apply Now". We look forward to reviewing your application! We thank everyone that applies. However, we will only contact those candidates that are shortlisted for an interview.
Garima Singh, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Manufacturing
Metrie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and customers belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.