Engineering Outreach Coordinator
- Ryerson University
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job Category
- Job Type
The world is waiting for your ideas. How will you make a difference?
At the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals, and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world.
FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 900 graduate students in ten Master’s and six Doctoral Programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2017, FEAS achieved top 10 recognition in Maclean’s among undergraduate and graduate engineering schools in Canada and in US News & World Report for research productivity and impact.
The Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Sciences (FEAS) is looking for an Engineering Outreach Coordinator to develop, execute, coordinate and evaluate engineering enrichment and outreach programming and related marketing initiatives offered by FEAS. The successful candidate will deliver a full range of pre-university outreach programs designed to inform, educate and excite students (grades K-12) about engineering as a field of study and profession, and develop positive relationships between the University, the community, and school boards to establish new partnerships with community groups in order to grow the Faculty’s outreach portfolio. Finally, the Engineering Outreach Coordinator will support and monitor outreach programs currently run by the Faculty in order to develop new enrichment and outreach programs that align with these goals in conjunction with individual departments within the Faculty across the University.
- Delivers a full range of pre-university outreach programs designed to inform, educate and excite students about engineering as a field of study and profession.
- Plans and budgets for various community outreach programs at Ryerson.
- Engages, coordinates and communicates with community partners, educators, faculty members, sponsors and other stakeholders
- Prepares and submits reports on the program including expense reports, volunteer and educator activity reports and evaluations and lessons learnt
- Promotes Ryerson Engineering and Architectural Science and provides information, consultation and interpretation on behalf of the university to local school boards, schools, students and STEM Teacher Associations in an effort to attract and recruit students
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in an Engineering or a related STEM field
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in engineering outreach event planning, program management, public speak and sponsorship, required.
- Experience developing, coordinating and implementing programs with multiple stakeholders; managing volunteers, staff and students
- Extensive knowledge of youth programming; experience promoting engineering to youth is preferred
- Knowledge of Equity and Inclusion issues in STEM
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required
- Exemplary time management skills
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing as a first step in the evaluation process prior to being granted an interview.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications (resume and cover letter) can be accepted only online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities