Technical Lead – Risk & Compliance Management
- Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Technology and Digital Media
Operations Division, Technology Regulation and iGaming Compliance
Position Term: Permanent
Salary Range: $90,169 - $112,708 per annum
Do you have an interest in gaming technology? Do you enjoy planning, implementing and managing projects? Do you have expertise in computerized technology and in identifying technology-related risk? Do you use a data-centric approach to make risk- and evidence-based decisions? Do you like to keep up-to-date with industry trends and technologies, and explore innovative new ideas?
If so, then the Technology Regulation and iGaming Compliance Branch (TRCB) of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has an exciting new opportunity that may interest you!
Reporting to the Manager, Technology Risks and Standards, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain a program to identify and validate computerized technology-related risks.
- Create and maintain a framework for technical standards development.
- Identify new or modified technical standards necessary to address technology-related risks for new or innovative technology, related processes developed by industry, and based on a shifting risk universe.
- Develop and implement a data-centric approach to validate the effectiveness of technical standards.
- Create and maintain a program for research and innovation to ensure TRCB is an industry leader as it pertains to technology regulation.
- Utilize project management principles and techniques to develop and communicate project plans for TRCB.
- Assist with assessment of gaming-related technology, technical compliance activities and other TRCB projects/assignments, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of computerized, software and electronics technology
- Excellent ability to develop and implement a data-centric approach to validate the effectiveness of the technical requirements
- Expert-level knowledge of technology risk identification, management, and analysis, with the demonstrated ability to develop concise and easy-to-understand technical standards
- Sound knowledge of, or experience in, the following:
- IT security & controls
- Data analytics, and data visualization
- Research, innovation and development
- Demonstrated project management experience leading teams, delegating and overseeing team’s work, and leading positive change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with senior management of internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to building a culture around diversity, accountability and trust, and achieving service excellence
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer/Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
NOTE: The AGCO has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
To apply to this vacancy, please submit your application online at our Careers Webpage, located at www.agco.ca/careers, by Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
More search results
Building Services Engineer (Mechanical Engineer, …
Canadian Conservation Institute
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Thermo-Fluids wi…
Queen's University, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Executive Assistant | Office Coordinator
City of Toronto