Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) has a unique, once in a lifetime key position of Highways and Civil Design Manager, East in its Transportation group. This position offers the candidate the ability to take charge of this group and be rewarded for its success. You will be a leader in a dynamic group that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
Initiative, strategic thinking, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members. Our teams work collaboratively in a professional environment that allows each member to develop professionally while working on challenging projects.
KCB’s consulting practice is world renowned, and we wish to leverage this reputation in the Ontario and East market, with this discipline offering.
While maintaining your technical excellence, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers and technical staff providing mentoring and staff development on highway, road, drainage, and or utility project elements
- Appreciate, motivate, and respect your team
- Respond to request for proposals, and have ultimate financial and project responsibility
- Develop and nurture client, partner, and subconsultant relations and actively participate in business development
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse teams
- Actively lead or participate in meetings with team members, project managers, as well as clients
- Have the ability to lead large projects from inception, through the planning process to execution, all the while delegating to develop enthusiastic members of your team
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have 15+ years of experience in structural design and rehabilitation of bridges and / or tunnels and have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Extensive and reputable experience in highway, road, drainage, and or utility design.
- Ideally have project experience to get registered in MTO’s RAQS system for Detailed Design – Multi-Lane Arterial & Expressway – Major Reconstruction and/or Widening, Preliminary Design – Functional Planning & Design Studies, and or Traffic Management
- Experience in dealing with the provincial transportation authorities
- Thorough understanding of Canadian and provincial highway design guides
- High technical competence and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated or potential ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
Klohn Crippen Berger is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for 70 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé. This position may have opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.