Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) has a unique, once in a lifetime key position of Geotechnical Manager, East in its Power & Transportation group. This position offers the candidate the ability to take charge of this group and be rewarded for its success. You will be a leader in a dynamic group that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
Initiative, strategic thinking, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members. Our teams work collaboratively in a professional environment that allows each member to develop professionally while working on challenging projects. KCB’s geotechnical practice is world renowned, and we wish to leverage this reputation in the Ontario and East market.
While maintaining your technical excellence, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers and technical staff providing mentoring and staff development on a myriad of projects in transportation and power.
- Appreciate, motivate, and respect your team
- Respond to request for proposals, and have ultimate financial and project responsibility
- Develop and nurture client, partner, and subconsultant relations and actively participate in business development
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse teams
- Actively lead or participate in meetings with team members, project managers, as well as clients
- Have the ability to lead geotechnical projects from inception, through the planning process to execution, all the while delegating to develop enthusiastic members of your team
If you are currently registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have 15+ years broad-based experience, including a track record of solid results in heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical and civil engineering skills, and a Bachelor or Masters degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your
- ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within the multi-discipline (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical) design team of a large project, understand multi-discipline design concepts depicted on project drawings
- Ideally, you are registered in MTO’s RAQS system for Geotechnical (Structures and Embankments) – High Complexity, and or Tunnelling – High Complexity.
- strong technical design and analytical skills
- effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills and the ability to communicate with clients, senior management, peers and subordinates
- strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients
- exceptional interpersonal skills and your ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate project teams in an open and collaborative team environment
- excellent organization, planning and execution skills
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
Klohn Crippen Berger is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for 70 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume. This position may have opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.
We thank all candidates for applying however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.