The purpose of this position is to provide support to the organization, primarily to Capital and Infrastructure, through guidance, oversight, and assurance that management system and quality-related requirements are met. This position is essential to ensure effective and efficient product and service delivery that is compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements through the provision of quality services.
The Quality Assurance organization enables the corporation to provide effective and efficient product and service delivery in full compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements through the provision of quality services provided across the corporation include provisioning quality resources to external customer facing missions; evaluating actual performance to quality requirements through the application of independent verification methods; and ensuring products or services being procured by CNL are being procured from qualified suppliers.
The Quality Assurance Representative may also provide QA support to projects, during all phases of a project from design, construction/commissioning, renewal and installation activities for site and license-listed facilities, as well as perform audits/surveillance and assessment activities.
This role, and associated responsibilities, are progressive in nature managed through continuous growth, the performance management cycle, and mentorship.
- Advise on application of quality codes and standards
- Advising on quality codes and standards as applied to projects and facility operation;
- Providing guidance to customers in the application of quality standards;
- Understanding of the Canadian nuclear safety control act and regulations applicable to CNL.
- Qualified as a Lead Auditor as per CNL Requirements
- Conducting first and second party audits/assessments
- Preparing audit reports in a timely fashion and raise audit/assessment non-conformities.
- Reporting findings to appropriate external or CNL management/stakeholders
- Development of audit plans and detailed audit schedules
- Assigns and outlines work, and reviews for technical accuracy and adequacy
- Develop procedures, Quality Plans, project specific plans, and articulate recommendations to management, regulatory authorities and the general public.
- Assists in Quality Program reviews and the reviews of Company-wide quality processes and procedures.
- Completing bid-evaluations on supplier proposals against quality requirements;
- Performing Vendor Approvals for Supply Chain to ensure proposed Suppliers are qualified and/or approved to perform the contracted work.
- Establishing effective relations with Suppliers recognizing and promoting the relationship and significance of strong partnerships with CNL
- Reviewing adequacy and effectiveness of vendor/customer corrective action plans in response to audit/assessment/surveillance findings
- Assumes a lead role in planning, executing and reporting of quality-related surveillance activities on behalf of CNL.
- Provides facilitation and training in surveillance.
- Identifying and reporting conditions adverse to quality to ensure the timely resolution of quality-related issues;
- Facilitating the completion of corrective actions by project and facility responsible leaders including nonconforming items;
- Supports the Corrective Action Program by providing leadership and/or support of continual quality improvement initiatives, including performance of Apparent Cause Assessment (ACA) and or Root Cause Assessment (RCA).
- At a minimum, a Bachelors (Honours) in Engineering or Science from a university of recognized standing; or membership in an engineering or scientific organization authorized by statute to establish qualification for membership in that organization.
- Significant related engineering work experience.
- Significant related experience in a field of specialization.
- Preference is for experience in formal project execution for construction projects, infrastructure projects and operations facility modifications.
Abilities and Skills
- The Quality Assurance Representative must have initiative, a tactful and diplomatic manner, sound judgement and organizational abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills and be capable of working with minimum supervision.
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of management systems and support processes
- Good knowledge of CNL’s organizational structure, licensed facilities and operations are required.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of standards such as but not limited to:
- CSA N286, CSA N285, ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, CSA B51
- ASME NQA-1 and 10CFR50 Appendix B, CSA Z299 Series (being replaced by CSA N299 series)
- ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO 10012, ISO 9001, CSA N286.7, ISO 90003 or IEC 61513, CSA N288.4 and N288.5, ISO 14001.
- Knowledge of compliance assurance, quality assurance, safety analysis, and CNL’s nuclear programs, such as security, environmental protection and radiological protection.
- Understanding of the Canadian nuclear regulatory framework and ability to contribute to interpretations of regulations from regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of software applications to compile data and create reports such as the use of Microsoft Office, Oracle and CNL’s Documents/Records management system.
- Demonstrated discretion and trust in the handling and safeguarding of confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality work, adherence to standards and codes and CNL’s policies and procedures.
- Auditing and/or assessment training and experience would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable of the Company's general policies and procedures, and the organizational structure of AECL in general. Must have an understanding of AECL’s business. It would be an asset to have a working understanding of the work areas.
- Superior interpersonal skills, efficient and effective communication (advanced written and oral) and organization skills are essential. Capable of working independently and of making decisions in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, trust, and discretion in handling and safeguarding sensitive and confidential information. Able to handle conflict and manage towards a positive outcome.
- Good judgment, initiative, strong drive, positive attitude and consistent, careful attention to detail are essential in this position to ensure accurate work and meet client/customer requirements, solve problems, obtain, and analyze data.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality work and professional standards.
- Must lead change and help others to accept and understand change, share their skills and proactively learn new skills.
- The work for which they are responsible must be performed accurately and with attention to detail, under the pressure of stringent deadlines.
- The position will require contact with the public and regulatory agencies, thus a need for tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to assimilate and resolve technical and regulatory issues.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills.
- Depending on the location of work, travel will be required periodically.
- Requires energy, flexibility and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Identify conditions adverse to quality and report these to the appropriate level of line management, up to the Director of Quality as required to resolve quality-related issues.
- Monitor performance against stated quality objectives and measures.
More search results
Field Applications Engineer
Jr. Backfill Engineer
Jr. Backfill Engineer
Hatch GLOBAL FEED
Silicon Validation Engineer, I