Intermediate Mechanical Designer - Drafts Person
Intermediate Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson
Brunette Machinery Co. Inc. has been a leading supplier of wood processing machinery for the Sawmill,
Pulp and Paper, and Biomass/Pellet manufacturing industries for over 75 years.
We are looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson with the following skills:
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to take on a project from verbal or written instructions
- Aptitude for creative problem solving and willingness to accept constructive criticism and changes
- Strong computer skills with experience using AutoCad, and Microsoft Office Suite. MS Project is an asset
- Functional & competent in tolerancing and welding procedures
- Experience in manufacturing processes. Hands-on experience with machine shop practices is an asset
- Basic understanding of pneumatic, electrical & hydraulic systems and experience with powertrain component selection
- Engineering and calculations for stress and fatigue.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain high quality of work, and quickly learn new skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Engineering and Production teams in the preparation of designs and working drawings
- Checking drawings for conformance to industry drafting standards. Processing Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Generating detailed cut-lists and BOM's from completed drawings.
- Assisting, maintaining and recommending improvements in design concepts, layouts, detailed drawings and solutions
- Ensuring form, fit and function of multiple components.
- Costing estimates and “Value” Engineering.
- Monitoring and reporting progress to senior management.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years experience in SolidWorks and 3D modeling
- You must have 3 to 7 years drafting experience
This is a full-time position based out of Surrey, BC. This position is an integral part our Engineering team with the main function of operating a SolidWorks workstation and participating in the design and detailing of various projects including the manufacturing of Capital Equipment, Research and Development and process improvement primarily for the Forestry and Biomass Industries.
Benefits include (after a probationary period):
- Medical benefits including vision and dental
- RRSP Matching program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Apply by emailing your resume (including a cover letter) to email@example.com
The subject line of your email must include: “Intermediate Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson – YOUR NAME”
While we thank all applicants for their interests, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more information, please visit our website: www.brunettemc.com