Inspector (Boiler/Pressure Vessels) – British Columbia
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: www.hsb.ca.
Working within the province of British Columbia in major towns and cities with the ability to travel to rural and remote areas, you will identify and quantify areas of equipment-based risk, including potential areas of improvement and share this expertise effectively both internally and with our client base. You will maintain relationships with clients and colleagues with a focus on risk reduction and customer service. This position is homebased with a company vehicle provided.
• Provide equipment breakdown loss prevention expertise by conducting routine inspections, risk re-evaluations, and claims investigations, and other related responsibilities as assigned.
• Conduct evaluations on commercial and industrial locations with equipment ranging from HVAC to boilers/pressure vessels and production equipment.
• Manage a territory and meet productivity goals in a cost-effective manner.
• Work towards the continual improvement of HSB Canada’s portfolio.
• At least 3-5 years maintenance/operations experience including boilers/pressure vessels, refrigeration and production equipment.
• Post-secondary technical education.
• Strong oral, written communications and computer skills (including report writing).
• Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license, with ability to drive distances and for overnight travel to additional locations as required. Travel to some remote and rural areas will require flights and stayovers.
• Dedication to exceptional client service.
• Background in Marine, Mechanical or Stationary Engineering is recommended, but not compulsory.
• Knowledge of ASME code (boilers and pressure vessels) is an asset, but not compulsory.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.