Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer - Saskatoon, SK
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, this position is responsible for the following duties:
- Act as Orano Canada’s lead authority regarding electrical systems
- Collaborate with other disciplines and experts to conduct trade-off studies and make recommendations with respect to feasibility, operability, and cost
- Responsible for the development and implementation of electrical designs and design standards across various projects
- Prepare equipment specifications and tender documents for procurement of equipment including expediting orders to facilitate installation and construction
- Ensure electrical systems meet technical specifications, adherence to industry and internal standards, and that required regulatory and QA/QC requirements are met
- Manage small multidisciplinary projects from conceptual to detailed engineering while supporting construction and commissioning as required
- Provide electrical technical support to other Orano Canada departments, external consultants and contractors as required
- Other duties as requested by the Manager, Engineering
- Embrace and support Operational Excellence efforts and OE Culture
- Comply with all Orano health, safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures
- Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGS
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical system design, construction, commissioning and/or analysis
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code including the Use of Electricity in Mines
- Good understanding of power distribution and protective devices
- Working knowledge of electrical modelling software ETAP is an asset
- Ability to innovate in the areas of system efficiency, capital and operating cost optimization
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead and interact in a team environment, as well as working independently
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with other departments within the company
- Co-ordinate activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility to meet deadlines
Work Location & Schedule:
- Saskatoon Office
- Travel to McClean Lake is required on occasion with varying duration and frequencies
Orano is responsible for providing a healthy and safe workplace. As part of this, Orano employees, contractors and visitors at Orano offices, field sites and operations are required to be fully vaccinated. All new hires will require proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment.
“Fully vaccinated” means two weeks after a person has received a single dose of a single course COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Canada, or two weeks after a person has received the second dose of a dual course COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Canada.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a cover letter which provides a summary of experience and describes the reason for interest in the position.
Apply online at www.orano.group/canada by February 3, 2021.
Job #: 021-207-S