Electrical & Automation Lead Engineer
Yara Belle Plaine a permanent position for an E & A Lead Engineer. If you are interested in applying for this position apply online at www.yaracanada.ca on or before December 31, 2021.
Job Title: E & A Lead Engineer
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Belle Plaine is a world class producer of nitrogen fertilizer. Yara International is a global fertilizer company, with operations in over 60 countries around the world. Yara's dynamic global presence and unique business model allows the company to be an industry shaper. Belle Plaine is in Saskatchewan, Canada 50 km west of Regina on highway #1.
The E&A Lead Engineer is responsible for the long-term development of the electrical, instrumentation and controls (EAC) systems at site. Though accountable to the Maintenance Manager, the E&A Lead Engineer assumes functional responsibility for the safe and reliable operation and optimization of all EAC systems at site.
- Support EAC team for problem solving with electrical systems (distribution and motor control centers), instrumentation systems, control systems, safety instrumented systems, and process control IT networks.
- Accountable for ensuring workflows through the department and meets needs of the customer.
- Primary contact for new capital work.
- Coordinates project work. Cooperates with the E&A supervisor, Controls Engineer, Technologists. Sets priorities & high-level planning including use of external resources/contractors.
- Supports continuous improvement following the Yara Productivity System (YPS) principles with the day-to-day & project group
- E&A Lead in the Turn Around Core Team; guide the other E&A team members for site turnarounds
- Develops technical concepts to improve long term reliability and performance of all electrical systems & controls/automation systems. Establishes a long-term investment plan to ensure systems are in full compliance with codes and initiates required upgrading steps.
- Participate & lead systematic Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) of equipment failures & prepare technical reports to define the findings and recommendations to stop recurrence. Analysis of maintenance history and failure data to prioritize issues and opportunities.
- Participates in HAZOP and SIL-evaluations. Represents E&A techs and engineers at meetings.
- Prepares the E&A related investment portfolio in cooperation with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager
- Actively participates in/contributes to relevant Yara network groups. Contact person for the involvement of Yara Central Support when needed
- Implement & audit compliance with provincial/federal regulations as well as corporate/industry best practices of electrical, instrumentation and automation systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in the state-of-the-art technology for digital based control and high voltages systems, and field instrumentation
Education, Experience & Skill
- Engineering degree (electrical, instrumentation, or controls) (B.Sc. or M.Sc.).
- P.Eng is an asset. The ability to register with APEGS is required.
- 10+ years of design experience in petrochemical or similar industrial environments
- Knowledge & experience of capital, management of change, and hazard/operability programs.
- Troubleshoot (and provide assistance to others on troubleshooting) of complex interconnected & integrated E&A and plant process systems.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable engineering codes related to high voltage & control systems.
- Knowledge of PLC safety devices including trip logic requirements. This includes knowledge on controls, instrumentation hardware & software.
- Ability to design, construct, maintain & troubleshoot high voltage & electrical distribution systems.
- Expertise on DCS and field instrumentation.
- Excellent computer skills, common software, & engineering software.
- Well developed organizational skills & interpersonal skills.
- Experience delivering technical training & supervision.
Be Part of Our Team – Why Work for Us – What We Offer
Yara Belle Plaine offers a highly competitive total compensation package including:
- Bonus Program
- Enhanced Top up for Maternity/Adoption/Parental Leave
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Optional Vacation Enhancement
- Paid Lunch Break
- Pension & Savings Plans
- Wellness and Employee Assistance Plan
Deanna Milton HR Manager
Apply no later than
December 31, 2021. Please apply on the Yara website at www.yaracanada.ca on or before December 31, 2021
Direct Link to apply:
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.
More search results
Technical Lead – Risk & Compliance Management
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST TECHNICIAN 1
City of Toronto
Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd.
Intermediate Civil/Water Resources Engineer
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd.