Accountable for the availability and reliability of the ION LRT Infrastructure including: track, overhead, traction power, signalling, communications and control systems, stops, buildings and fixed facilities equipment.
Deliver the required infrastructure maintenance by assisting the Manager, Infrastructure Maintenance with in-house teams and through the audit and administration of infrastructure subcontractors to ensure all required work is planned and delivered efficiently and effectively, in line with PA requirements, subcontracts and agreed procedures.
- Support and promote a safe working environment through demonstrating and leading safe work behaviours;
- Assist with all maintenance work on the ION LRT infrastructure is planned and delivered safely and in accordance with the Rule Book, Procedures and Work Instructions;
- Assist with the administration of worksite safety binders, regular reviews of worksite safety compliance and effective supervisory leadership;
- Assist with creating and delivering job briefings, traffic management plans and hazard identification matrices, recommending and implementing new improvements to equipment and/or methods of work to mitigate risks;
- Participate in safety and training meetings; participate in emergency preparedness systems as required;
- Support the Permit to Work process by assessing impacts on maintenance activities and by ensuring a robust maintenance plan is available to reference.
Interface with/Monitoring of Infrastructure Maintenance Resources
- Assist the day-to-day interface with Infrastructure in-house resources and subcontractors as the case may be and the administration of the relevant maintenance services agreements;
- Monitor Infrastructure subcontractors’s activities, as the case may be, across all systems;
- Monitor and audit inspections, tests, preventive and corrective maintenance, whether carried out in house or by an infrastructure subcontractor;
- Facilitate all work planning and schedulinF as well as outcomes, measurements and recording using the Maximo CMMS;
- Facilitate the carrying out of all work t in accordance with PA requirements, manuals and agreed procedures;
- Assign, schedule, coordinate use of shared equipment as required;
- Monitor and control the consumption of infrastructure spare parts working with Commercial and Finance Department;
- Monitor, control and authorise any variations to subcontractor activities as the case may be;
- Coordinate joint activities between in-house and subcontractors during major events, eg snow clearance, special events, incidents, significant lifecycle, etc.
Asset Management & Interfaces
- Monitor the performance of system assets to improve reliability through changes to maintenance practices, configuration, usage, etc.;
- Work with Infrastructure team subcontractors as the case may be to identify and plan lifecycle and rehabilitation activities;
- Work with Operations Dept to ensure open dialogue to understand and increase the effectiveness, reliability and safety of operational / infrastructure interfaces;
- Work with the LRV Maintenance team to understand and increase the reliability and safety of vehicle / infrastructure interfaces.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Project Management or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of inspections, preventive and reactive maintenance and quality assurance procedures
- Specific knowledge and experience at least one light rail-related discipline and demonstrated understanding of all other areas including:
- Track, switches. traction power, train control or OCS; construction, maintenance and repair standards
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, with specific knowledge of Maximo a benefit
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel, Word & Outlook including ability to compile data and commentary for regular reporting
- Familiar with Transport Canada regulations, an asset
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid G class driver’s licence
- Required to work overtime and be available for non-scheduled emergency calls
- Required to work in all weather, at night, and under pressure
- Required to undertake competency unit training and obtain licences needed to conduct duties
- Prior work experience in infrastructure maintenance or transportation industry;
- Demonstrated experience of planning and working safely in an operational environment;
- Demonstrated ability to make sound and timely business decisions to adapt within changing situations;
- Proven ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Electromechanical engineering experience would be an asset.