Wood Structure Engineer
Specialists in roof trusses, prefabricated wall panels and floor systems, with over 44 years of experience in the field, Léon Chouinard & Fils Cie Ltée is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Wood Structure Engineer to join our team of engineers and technicians.
Roles and responsabilities
- Design roof trusses and floor joists using specialized software for residential, commercial, and agricultural projects based on customers information and needs
- Sign and seal the technical drawings of the company's products as well as any related modifications
- Prepare the various documents to be given to the client (technical drawings, layout, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with other professionals in the team
- Participate in the development of the technical team
- Be the link between the client, the architect, the project engineer, and the company
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Currently registered, or has the capacity to register with the New Brunswick Association of Engineers and Geoscientists or other association in Canada
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing wooden structures (roof trusses)
- Master software such as Autocad, Sapphire, etc.
- Mus be bilingual (English and French)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive attitude, determined and team spirit
Why Join Leon Chouinard & Fils Cie Ltée’s Team ?
- Growing company
- Dynamic and secure work environment
- Professional development offered
- Competitive and negotiable salary, based on experience and education
- Minimum of 3 weeks annual vacation
- Comprehensive group insurance and pension plan
- Permanent full-time position – Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5pm and Friday from 8 am to 3 pm, for a total of 40.5 h/week
- Possibility of teleworking, but preferably working from the Eel River Dundee location, in NB
- Moving allocation, if applicable
If you are interested, please send your resume to Micheline Roy, by email at email@example.com or by fax (506) 826-3577.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted