Lead Proposal Specialist
With offices in Australia, Canada, Africa and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Lead Proposal Specialist to join our growing team in Toronto. The Lead Proposal Specialist will be accountable for the proposal development activities of Lycopodium’s study pursuits ranging from the Preliminary Economic Assessment phase to Feasibility phase as well as project pursuits related to engineering, procurement and construction / construction management EPC/EPCM mandates and services.
The Lead Proposal Specialist will be responsible for supporting the day to day activities of the Business Development team, leading proposal preparation, and coordinating the input from internal stakeholders and external partners/vendors, to obtain their technical input, cost estimating, and resource allocation. The candidate in this position will gain exposure to, and be supported by the Group Managers of the Lycopodium Minerals Canada team to deliver competitive proposals to clients that are consistent with the operating model and risk profile of Lycopodium.
Position Objectives, Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all activities related to tendering of new business opportunities, including:
- Help organize and drive Bid/no-Bid review process and meetings
- Help develop the bid strategy and win themes
- Lead proposal kick-off and ongoing coordination
- Prepare and author technical proposals with input from others
- Seek and expedite inputs from Process, Engineering and Projects groups where necessary
- Strategically contribute to the creation of commercial proposals
- Track sales opportunities, bid status in Salesforce. Oversight of the Salesforce administration and use within the Lycopodium business.
- Interface with other Lycopodium subsidiaries in relation to business development.
- Ensure the quality of all marketing and business development related materials, with particular focus on tender and proposal inputs.
- Contribute to identification, development and maintenance of quality business opportunities aligned with Lycopodium’s core capabilities. This includes research of potential opportunities, clients and partners.
- Obtain, analyse and distribute market intelligence.
- Maintain customer and project information for marketing purposes.
- Provide new and existing business analysis to the organisation.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures that support business development activities.
- Support of marketing and advertising activities.
- Achieve tight proposal development timeframes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Engineering or Business degree, and/or related experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in an engineering consultancy in engineering and / or project delivery roles. Experience in proposal preparation roles is advantageous but not necessarily required.
- Experience in mineral processing industry.
- Experience developing deliverable based estimates for engineering and drafting scopes of services.
- Good business acumen and demonstrated success influencing stakeholders internally and clients alike.
- A high degree of proficiency in both written and verbal communication and attention to detail
- A sound understanding of the market and an ability to think both analytically and strategically to meet the organisation’s internal needs as well as market fluctuations and demands.
- A sound understanding of the processes used to deliver studies and projects by the organisation.
- Ability to plan and act strategically to meet the organisation’s business plans.
- High level of integrity, time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Experience in estimating and tendering processes.
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focusing on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.