T&E Systems Engineer – Sovereign Skills Program
T&E Systems Engineer – Sovereign Skills Program
Learn more about the Test & Evaluation Sovereign Skills Program: www.qinetiq.com/TandESovSkills
Please know that this profile is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you have only a partial skill match. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture and will support you to build the additional T&E skills you’ll need for the future, as part of our innovative and highly experienced teams.
What is the Test & Evaluation (T&E) Sovereign Skills Program?
The ‘Test & Evaluation Sovereign Skills Program’ is a structured and bespoke development plan aimed at building and enhancing the sovereign Test & Evaluation skills in Australia and Canada
What’s included in the program
We are looking for people to join the program and be a fundamental part of building and expanding this capability in Canada; people who have a desire to grow, an aptitude to learn, and a passion for development. You will take part in a combination of online development, mentoring and coaching and may be required to take part in on-the-job learning for anywhere between six weeks and two years with our specialist team in live test and evaluation environments, at the most reputable Air, Land and Maritime ranges in the world, located in England, Scotland and Wales.
Through this bespoke and focused experience, you will be able to learn, develop and grow, putting you at the forefront of enhancing and creating our T&E capability in Canada. We are looking for people either from a defence background or adjacent industries who have experience in delivering complex programs, working in safety critical environments, or working in partnership with customers.
What are we looking for?
We are the experts in delivering world class ‘Test & Evaluation’, so at QinetiQ Canada we’re looking for ‘System Engineers’ who have a desire to grow, an aptitude to learn, and a passion for development as we look to combine our expertise with yours.
We are looking for:
- Competent ‘System Engineers’ with experience of working with complex systems and/or systems of systems.
- Experience in the key principles of system engineering (requirements, architecting, system integration, test and evaluation, progressive/incremental acceptance, transition to service)
- Recognises and relates to the end customers’ missions and the role that engineering plays to achieve that
- Can translate technical capabilities or shortfalls to operational capabilities and risks
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Competent and confident in front of wide range of customers and stakeholders
- Whilst experience of working in the Defence industry / within the Naval domain / within Canadian Defence would be a big positive, we are keen to hear from those working in parallel industries such as: Health care technologies/systems; Air traffic control systems; Aircraft systems; Nuclear power; or other environments that involves complex technology and systems to delivering mission and safety critical capability.
There are a variety of roles at different seniority levels, with some carrying leadership responsibility whilst others will be more delivery focussed.
- A minimum of 5 years in military engineering or related Defence industry role and/or a degree in Engineering (Aerospace, systems engineering, maritime or other relevant specialisation) or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience of delivery of complex programs; knowledge of safety critical environments and how to operate in this context; demonstrated knowledge or experience of successfully partnering with a customer to deliver.
Why join the Program?
- A bespoke and focused experience to learn, develop and grow, and be at the forefront of enhancing and creating T&E capability in Australia and Canada
- Vast career progression, in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits
- The latest digital platform from Hemsley Fraser to record assessments and track progress
Why join QinetiQ?
- A global leader in Test & Evaluation for defence
- A Centre of Excellence in Research and Development and a catalyst for Mission-led Innovation
- 6,000 dedicated professionals in 50 locations around the world
The ‘T&E Sovereign Skills Program’ is a long-term investment we are making in the development of people in Test & Evaluation for defence. Opportunities on the program will continue to become available and whilst we will acknowledge and review applications immediately, significant time may pass before we have a suitable opening. When this is the case, by retaining your details, we will re-engage with you about any relevant new job opportunities at that time.
More search results
Geotechnical Engineer - Tailings / Mine Waste
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Water Resources Engineer Intern
T.Y. Lin International
Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer - To…