Embedded Systems Lead
WHY CRITICAL ENVIRONMENT?
Critical Environment Technologies (“CET”) is a leader in the design, manufacture & servicing of gas detection and indoor air quality systems. Our mission 'Safer Air Everywhere' has never been more important and drives our world-class team to do amazing work. Our products can be found in all US States & Canadian Provinces and in more than 20 countries globally. Our devices are installed in commercial HVAC, institutional, municipal and industrial applications including parking facilities, refrigeration plants, commercial swimming pools, water purification plants, arenas, wineries, breweries, wastewater treatment plans & cannabis production facilities. Ongoing R&D ensures that CET’s equipment is at the leading edge of a quickly evolving space and that we have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, safety, and environmental protection.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
We are looking to take the business to the next level with a high-performing, self-motivated Embedded Systems Lead. Reporting to the GM, you will own the development, testing, launch and ongoing engineering support of our products. You will be interfacing with the Commercial Team, the Production and Supply Chain Team, and the Product Management Team. You will be ensuring that our in-house engineering resources as well as contractors engaged on projects are on time and on budget. Your insights and technical abilities will be instrumental in defining the next generation of CET Gas Detection products. You are looking for a hands-on opportunity to deploy your expertise to develop world class product that you will be proud of whilst working to take on the responsibility of an engineering team within the next 3 – 5 years.
WHAT WOULD I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Developing embedded firmware using Agile methodologies with the ability to review / modify / maintain new source code as well as legacy source code written by others
- Defining product development projects including drafting specifications and staging project phases with clear objectives, deliverables and milestones
- Managing new product development projects including coordinating development milestones between in-house engineering team and 3rd party contractors
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide engineering support to production, sales and service departments
- Working with Product Management to develop requirements for new products to enable rapid prototyping of systems / solutions for new developments or in support of new market applications
- Designing, evaluating and testing electrical system components including leading brainstorming sessions, performing design calculations and system modelling, defining test plans and protocols and reviewing and analyzing performance test results
- Developing comprehensive QA plans for new products and ensuring product quality by ensuring compliance with all applicable NPI and TQM processes
- Supporting test fixtures development with a focus on test automation
- Creating and maintaining product documentation including BOMs, assembly drawings, deficiency lists, engineering changes, revision histories, test results and presentations for communicating product design and performance against defined milestones to stakeholders
- Interfacing with a certification testing laboratory for product safety certifications
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES ARE NEEDED?
- MUST HAVE: minimum 5 years direct hands-on experience in firmware or embedded software development with Agile methodologies
- Industry Experience - Experience with Gas Detection, Building Automation, HVAC, Controls and/or Instrumentation
- Education – Engineering Degree (or equivalent Diploma) from an Accredited Institution whereby Candidate can obtain an EIT or P.Eng credential in Canada
- 3 years Project Management experience demonstrating engagement with multiple stakeholders and clear ownership of the deliverables
- Creative technical problem solving skills, ability to adopt to change, excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to translate ambiguous requirements into clear technical project objectives and deliverables
- Experience working with onshore / offshore contract manufacturers
- Experience working with electronic products (industrial or consumer) with embedded SW (FW) and mechanical enclosures
- Product certification experience with FCC / Product Safety (UL/CSA)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Opportunity to make an outsized contribution along with a great team and company culture
- Full-time position in a stable, successful, growing, Canadian company
- Four weeks vacation
- Health/Dental/Vision/Wellness Benefits Plan
- Paid sick days
WHERE DO I WORK?
We are located in Delta, BC.
We will only consider candidates residing in Canada whom are eligible to work (Permanent Resident, Work Visa, etc).