A unique opportunity awaits those with an adventurous spirit and a desire to become part of a close-knit team of professionals.
As part of our commitment to our partners in the territories, we are expanding our footprint in the Canadian North.
Concentric is a consulting firm with expertise in building and facilities design and development.
As we approach 20 years of operation, we continue to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment, with room to dream.
We currently have openings for the following positions based in our Iqaluit Office:
Regional Lead, Nunavut
This key position involves managing the day-to-day operations as well as direct involvement in strategic client liaison, service delivery, opportunity identification and advancement, resource acquisition, and logistical planning.
On site review and some travel between communities is expected.
The candidate will have an undergraduate engineering or architecture degree from an accredited Canadian university, and be eligible for, or already have their professional designation.
A good understanding of building materials and construction methods in Canada is required.
Excellent oral and written fluency in English is required, fluency in French would be an asset.
This position comes with an attractive incentive package.
This position will involve the creation of conceptual to production drawings under the guidance of the Architect and/or Design Engineer.
The candidate will also be required to:
- Develop working drawings by utilizing software such as AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Accurately record site measurements of existing conditions to be used by Engineers and other Design Support Specialists.
- Review contractor's work and ensure all details meet the approved drawing and specification intent.
- Write reports based on on-site visits that clearly depict the existing conditions, contractor progress, and deviations from the design intent, etc.
- Conduct a self-review of work and identify errors, conflicts, and design issues.
- Interact positively with clients and/or contractors.
- On-site review and some travel between communities is expected.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Graduate of Architectural Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); Minimum 1 year.
- Ability to read and interpret Structural and Architectural drawings.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a design team.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and work efficiently to complete the required tasks.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Work from, and interpret rough sketches created by team members.
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Experience in the consulting industry and bilingualism would be considered an asset. Please indicate your familiarity with any other graphic/design software, and any other expertise deemed appropriate.