Senior Structural Engineer (Wood Research and Development)
- Wood Research and Development
- Greater Moncton, New Brunswick
- Job Category
- Job Type
Wood Research and Development (New Brunswick) is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to assist the Managing Director/Supervising Engineer to develop and design timber repairs and new construction for a variety of structures. The Senior Structural Engineer will also review design parameters to provide value-based engineering options for various timber structure types.
About Wood Research and Development:
At Wood Research and Development, we have almost 50 years of experience in any type of timber structure. We are the experts for any wooden structure inspection and pinpoint where the weak points potentially may lie. Our team members are world-renowned for timber structural engineering and design, and with our certified lab testing, rest assured we can assess any wood, any time, any place.
Greater Moncton (Hillsborough), New Brunswick, Canada
Managing Director/Supervising Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design team in preparing structural designs, drawings, specifications, presentations and reports
- Write and edit technical reports, engineering studies, and technical specifications
- Adhere to the Canadian timber design codes
- Stamp and Seal designs
- Provide oversight and direction to the CAD department for the development of design, construction and shop drawings
- Provide oversight and analysis in the design of bridges and other structures, including new design, load ratings and rehabilitation/retrofit of existing structures
- Provide direction to junior and intermediate designers and technical support staff
- Lead various departments in the development of standardized drawings and procedures
- Complete budgetary estimates and write proposals
- Complete site visits to document existing conditions in both greenfield and brownfield projects
- Must be willing to travel worldwide
- Must obtain a Level II Timber Structures Maintenance, Inspection and Retrofit certification (with 70% or better grade) at first opportunity. The time spent taking this course is not paid time but expenses will be covered as well as the course fees.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or Bachelor's degree in Architectural Engineering with Structural emphasis
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in good standing and experience working in an engineering role
- Proficient with building codes and how they apply to structures
- Performs work in a timely, yet accurate, fashion
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidisciplinary group
- Establish effective working relationships with clients and WRD team members
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD, Multiframe, LUSAS, Section maker, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, FiRP section properties analysis software and other computer software
Wood Research and Development (WRD) is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, and sexual orientation.
We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about the nature of our work and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
Wood Research and Development offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Applications are accepted until Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 4:30pm (ADT).
More search results
Director, Capital Priorities and Investment
City of Calgary
Director, Utilities Delivery
City of Calgary
Executive Director and Registrar
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (APEGS)
Holland Power Services/ Alectra Energy Solutions Inc.
Electrical Engineer / Ingénieur en électricité
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)