Are you a motivated individual with excellent technical and communication skills looking for opportunity and growth? Des Design Ltd. is expanding and looking for that unique individual that wants to lead and be rewarded for it. We are looking for an individual to grow into a mutually beneficial partnership with Des Design.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Team lead and client liaison
- Setup AutoCAD/Revit drawings using company AutoCAD/Revit design and CAD standards.
- Detailed review of work performed before submitting completed drafting to the Design team and working within the company's organizational quality management system.
- Performing various other duties as assigned by the manager.
- HVAC, plumbing & fire suppression designs for small to large commercial, Multi-storey Residential and Industrial Projects
- Team up with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with the project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external)
- Work with internal teams and complete project drawings
- Detailed review and quality control of work performed before submitting completed drafting to the Design team
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in this field
- Design experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Revit experience is preferred, including 2+ years BIM experience with Revit MEP
- The ability to model mechanical HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems in Revit.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Provincial Building/Design codes and standards
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Confident working one on one with customers
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Experience in site inspections and construction reviews an asset
- P. Eng. or CET certifications would be an asset
- Ambitious self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Problem solver, ability to think outside the box
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets
- Communicate and work well with others
- Organized and with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team and customer service-focused