Electrical Project Engineer
- Oakville, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Project Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of the electrical system on Zarpac projects and initiatives.
- Create full design packages including BOM, detail drawings, assembly drawings and layouts
- Check & validate all final design documentation, parts lists, and drawings according to design & contract requirements, to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Review and interpret customer and vendor drawings and specifications
- Design or coordinate the design of the MCC, wiring schematics, and power distribution
- Write, test, and commission PLC and HMI code
- Prepare contractor and scope of work instructions
- Prepares electrical layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Interpret technical specifications & application parameters;
- Conceptualize new designs;
- Select cost-effective OEM components;
- 7+ years of Electrical/Controls Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- P. Eng preferred
- Experience with automation production line design and working with end-users in a consulting capacity is a must
- Experience with low voltage power distribution (600V).
- Experience with communications networks
- PLC programming experience in Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs is required.
- Experience with industrial robots is an asset
- Experience with Factory Talk Studio or Wonderware would be preferred.
- Experience with servo system design and programming is preferred.
- Solid AutoCAD skills required.
- Good knowledge of North American electrical standards for equipment manufacturing
- Able to travel between 35-50% of the time throughout North America