Mechanical Design Engineer
SMcN Consulting Inc. is a Vancouver Island based engineering firm offering mechanical design and consulting services. We specialize in HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection design and construction administration services to clients throughout British Columbia.
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing company that values its team members, mentorship, and client relationships. We pride ourselves on providing a great working atmosphere that encourages initiative and success with many opportunities to expand your skillset.
SMcN offers a comprehensive compensation and extended health benefits package.
Position Summary: Our growing company is seeking to hire a Design Engineer who is a self-motivated, detailed-orientated individual who possesses a positive, team player attitude and strong work ethic. In this position, you will work closely with project team members and be responsible for designing and drafting HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems and assist with construction administration services for various building projects, namely in the education sector. Experience working within this sector is preferable.
Position Type: Full Time Office Location: Head office is at Bear Mountain Resort, Langford, Vancouver Island, BC. Hybrid office-home working model. Open to applicants that reside on Vancouver Island or the Lower Mainland.
Start Date: As soon as possible
• Work within the team to design building mechanical systems using AutoCAD & Revit
• Manage a workload consisting of multiple concurrent projects under the direction of the Project Managers
• Support the Project Managers and coordinate designs internally and with other engineering disciplines
• Perform cooling and heating calculations using Excel & simulation software
• Perform plumbing service calculations
• Assist with construction field reviews
• Contribute to maintaining and developing quality control practices
• Perform various other duties as assigned by the managers Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Registration or eligibility to register as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC is preferred; however, engineers-in-training (EITs) will be given consideration.
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with:
• Designing of plumbing systems (domestic water, sanitary, storm, and gas)
• Designing of HVAC and hydronic systems
• Designing of fire protection systems
• Heating and cooling load calculations
• Energy analysis and sustainable design (e.g., LEED®) is an asset
• Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, and committed to producing consistent, high-quality work
• Independent, creative problem solver
• Experience coordinating a team is an asset
• The ability to read construction drawings or construction experience and knowledge is an asset Additional Requirements:
• Applicant must be legally permitted to work in Canada
• Class 5 driver’s license & vehicle is an asset If this looks like the perfect opportunity for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
More search results
Assistant Professor - Surface Engineering
Assistant Professor - Automation and Control Syst…
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Civil Engineer