Property Manager, Oshawa Centre
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Oshawa Centre
Position type : Salaried
The primary functions of this position:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shopping centre and liaise with the General Manager on a regular basis;
- Perform the duties and role of GM in the GM’s absence.
Specific functions include:
- Responsible for the timely collection of receivables, customer service, tenant and public relations, community involvement, security and insurance issues, health and safety co-chair;
- Responsible for sales, traffic and occupancy reporting on a weekly and monthly basis, as well as collecting and inputting tenant insurance certificates and certified sales;
- Responsible for managing storage agreements by collaborating with Administrative Assistant to negotiate, draft and finalize agreements;
- Assist with budget preparation and presentation and day-to-day budget control, forecasting, office and staff administration, monthly financial and non-financial reporting including traffic, occupancy and other various reports;
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all contractors meet obligations and perform as per contracts and codes;
- Work with the Marketing Director and Specialty Leasing Manager on various programs and events;
- Ensure lease obligations are met and maximize customer service by quickly, correctly and effectively handling all tenant service requests in conjunction with the Operations Manager;
- Manage 2 directly reporting employees including the Guest Services Supervisor;
- In cooperation with Marketing, oversee the Guest Services operations;
- Act as a liaison between all inter-office departments and personnel.
- Three to five years of industry related experience;
- University Degree is required; Business major is preferred;
- Strong customer focus and ability to resolve conflicts positively and effectively;
- Aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to identify new opportunities to generate new customer experiences;
- CSM, RPA, or CPM an asset;
- Must have excellent communication skills, and strong financial and managerial skills;
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Build solid and sustainable relationships with retail clients through open and interactive communication;
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, curious and continually look to add value, and improve processes;
- Strong computer (Word, Excel) and creative problem-solving skills are also required, along with the ability to multi-task and effectively organize and balance multiple priorities;
- Passionate about shopping centres and a desire to grow within the organization .
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .
More search results
Assistant Professor - Sustainable Structural Syst…
University of Toronto - Dept. of Civil & Mineral Engineering
Senior Director, Quality and Operations
Senior Mechanical Designer
Prodomax Automation Ltd.
Assistant Professors, Civil Engineering
Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs in Smart, Healthy, …