- Quadrant Engineering
- Ottawa, ON
- Electrical Designer/Technologist
- Job Category
- Job Type
Quadrant is a Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) engineering firm specializing in the design of residential, commercial, and institutional building systems. For over 30 years, Quadrant has been providing exceptional service to architects, developers, property managers, contractors, and individuals in and around the National Capital Area in both Ontario and Québec. Our client focused approach of working together to define their needs, develop options, and implement solutions, has led to consistent client satisfaction. We take pride in all of our projects and strive to always put the clients' needs first through all steps of a project from inception, to design and construction, up to and including commissioning.
The intermediate electrical designer / technologist, under the supervision of the electrical engineer, is responsible for the design of electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, generators, fire alarm systems, and transformers for residential and commercial projects from conception, to working drawings, to construction drawings and specification preparation. The designer is to have knowledge of building electrical systems and related code requirements.
- Design residential and commercial electrical building systems including main electrical service, electrical distribution, lighting, emergency power (generator, etc), alternative energy sources (photoelectric, wind turbine, etc), single line diagrams, and fire alarm systems.
- Prepare schematic and design development reports to supplement submissions.
- Perform electrical load calculations to determine systems configurations and capacity.
- Perform site surveys to document existing conditions to be transferred to the project drawings.
- Be responsible to communicate with the design team to obtain any missing information or information required for the design.
- Ensure design meets building code compliance including life safety (OESC (OReg 164/99), CEC, OBC).
- Conduct site visits during construction to verify if construction was performed as per the plans and specifications.
- Attend both design and construction meetings, capture and document questions, comments, and deliverables.
- Interact with stakeholders through project delivery including clients, architects, other engineers, and contractors.
- Co-ordinate project information and work with all internal and/or external disciplines, including but not limited to, architectural, mechanical, structural and civil as required.
- Attend weekly staff coordination meetings.
- Perform designs in AutoCAD and Revit when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of electrical design experience for residential and commercial construction projects.
- Knowledge of OESC (OReg 164/99), CEC, and OBC codes for residential and commercial building.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to interact with clients.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Ability to work in a complex environment driven by project deadlines.
- College or University degree in a field related to electrical building system design.
More search results
Director, Registration ENGINEERS AND GEOSCIENTIST…
ENGINEERS AND GEOSCIENTISTS BC
Mechanical Design Engineer
SMcN Consulting Inc.
Property Manager, Oshawa Centre
Tools & Platform Support Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services