Property Risk Control Consultant
HSB Canada is currently seeking a professional with property risk control experience who can identify and quantify loss potential based on sound engineering judgment and excellent knowledge of risk control engineering. This role involves a balance of office and field work and individual and collaborative contribution. Individual contribution includes site surveys, tailored risk reports, and presentations. Collaborative contribution includes providing support to the engineering and underwriting teams and communication with external brokers and clients.
The ideal candidate should have strong communication and report writing skills, be able to clearly communicate with audiences with varying technical background, have a willingness to continuously learn and develop professionally, take on challenges, apply attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Perform complex property loss control site surveys, particularly at power generation or other high-hazard occupancies
- Gather detailed information, interview site personnel and evaluate fire protection and loss prevention programs
- Conduct desk reviews based on virtual surveys, client presentations/correspondence, and external reports
- Identify property loss potential based on building construction, occupancy hazards and related protection features, critical equipment, natural hazards, and other exposures
- Produce and present timely risk reports which communicate risk quality and quantify loss expectancies
- Post-secondary engineering degree, diploma, or equivalent education
- Professional Engineering (or C.E.T) designation or in progress
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fire protection and property loss control
- Knowledge of Building & Fire Codes, Fire Protection Codes and Standards (NBC, NFC, NFPA and other relevant codes)
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering with experience in operation & maintenance practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and a good command of French
- Previous exposure to the insurance industry is not required, but would be considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently as well as with team members
- Able to travel within North America and overseas
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this. We will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference PRCC0121-BW, please click on the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Professor - Sustainable Structural Syst…
University of Toronto - Dept. of Civil & Mineral Engineering
Senior Director, Quality and Operations
Senior Mechanical Designer
Prodomax Automation Ltd.
Assistant Professors, Civil Engineering
Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs in Smart, Healthy, …