- IIA-Canadian Services - Domson Engineering & Inspection
- Brampton and GTA area
- $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Job Category
- Engineering, Construction & General Labour
- Job Type
We are seeking a Professional Engineer, with license in Ontario, to join our team to support our inspection and engineering operations. We are an international company specialized in Non-Destructive Testing & Visual Inspection; Lift Equipment Inspection and Certifications; Bridge Inspection; Mechanical and Structural Integrity Inspection; and a variety of other Engineering Services.
As an Inspection Engineer you will be responsible to technically and administratively support our day-to-day technical inspection operations. It is desired that you have knowledge and technical skills in the inspection of lift equipment, cranes, non-destructive testing, welding engineering, structural steel and related areas. You must be able to work independently in reviewing inspection reports and certifying structural integrity. You must be able to provide engineering solutions for the repair of structural defects and provide engineering opinion on structural integrity of lift equipment and steel structures.
In this position, you will report primarily to the Inspection Manager.
Responsibilities, not limit to:
· Be committed to follow the highest Healthy & Safety standards in the company.
· Review and understand standards, legislation, inspection procedures and project specifications in order to provide technical support to inspection field staff.
· Review of inspection reports and certify structural integrity.
· Provide mentorship and coaching for inspection field staff.
· Perform periodic site visits and inspections as required and provide engineering solutions to the clients.
· Support the Quality Management System and ensure quality of inspections and conformance with processes and procedures through site audits and report reviews.
· Assist with inspection projects cost estimation analysis and quotations.
· Prepare new procedures, inspection test plans, inspection checklists and other related documents to inspection operations.
· Growth minded person able to support company’s strategy, goals, processes, and procedures.
· Must be licensed as Professional Engineer in Ontario.
· Engineering degree in mechanical or structural engineering are preferred.
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in technical inspection, preferably lift equipment.
· Must have comprehensive understanding of NDT, quality standards, and welding engineering;
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective time management skills to handle multiple tasks.
· Able to be part of a multi-tasking team.
If this position describes you and you are ready to join an exciting and growing organization, please send your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
For temporary office training hours masks are to be worn and monitoring personal screening is required before entering.
More search results
Assistant Professor - Sustainable Structural Syst…
University of Toronto - Dept. of Civil & Mineral Engineering
Senior Director, Quality and Operations
Senior Mechanical Designer
Prodomax Automation Ltd.
Assistant Professors, Civil Engineering
Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs in Smart, Healthy, …