TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced Project Engineer who will have overall responsibility for the convergence and coordination of the engineering design, manufacture, assembly, installation and commissioning of complex technical projects. This is a hands-on leaderhip role in a dynamic environment that will have you driving plans, making decisions, solving problems and managing risks to bring various projects to successful completion. Your first project will have you working on ARIEL target stations, which is a critical component of TRIUMF’s flagship project. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining and assigning work packages
- Developing and documenting design concepts and engineering requirements, including design coordination with other disciplines
- Reviewing and approving technical documents, such as specifications and drawings
- Coordinating procurement, manufacturing, installation and testing
As our ideal candidate, you are a seasoned mechanical, engineering physics or nuclear engineer with strong problem solving skills and sound engineering judgement. You are self-directed with excellent interpersonal skills, and are a proven team builder and energizer. Your other qualifications include:
- Proven technical documentation, engineering and analytical skills
- A demonstrated track record of being an evidence based consensus builder
- A reputation as a keen observer with attention to detail and the capability of synthezing many inputs
- An BSc in a related engineering field combined with at least 12 years of professional experience
- Eligibility for registration as a P. Eng in the province of British Columbia
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given serious consideration, and in the case of equal qualifications, preference will be given to a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 691
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until 2019-02-24
More search results
Senior Project Advisor
The Region of Halton
Project Manager - Engineering
SCADA Engineer IV (12 mo contract)
Design Group Staffing
Aerospace - Intermediate Design Engineer - Comple…