Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
We are currently recruiting the right person to fill the position of Project Manager/Engineer (Infrastructure & Facilities) in our Engineering Services Department. The Project Engineer reports to the Capital Projects Engineer in the planning and delivery of municipal capital projects and municipal facility upgrades as assigned. This includes the management and engineering of in-house projects or those delivered by engineering consultants. The Project Engineer will develop & monitor project scope, deliverables, budgets, designs and schedules to ensure that the project will meet appropriate and intended objectives. The Project Engineer will be responsible for undertaking functional studies, facility GAP assessments, pre-designs, detailed designs, tendering, contract administration, construction management, inspection, warranty management, and final acceptance of assigned projects.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or its equivalent is required.
- Registered Member as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Membership as a Professional Licensee (P.L. (Eng.)) with APEGA may be considered with additional experience in Civil Engineering.
- Eligible to obtain their P.Eng or P.L. (Eng)
- PMP Certification will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of Seven (7) years directly related experience in the design, construction and management of municipal projects (such as facility construction, renovation, facility maintenance, architecture, roadway, water, sanitary, drainage, earthworks, etc.), after graduation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering.
- Ability to perform calculations and design work to a high level of accuracy, as work is performed independently and errors may have significant consequences.
- Knowledge of the principles of surveying and computer aided drafting and design.
- Understanding of building materials, techniques and processes.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and product.
- Knowledge of current methods and techniques as applied to design and construction of various municipal works: including water, sanitary sewage, storm drainage and transportation.
- Project Management experience associated with the design and construction of buildings
- Knowledge of current methods and techniques as applied to design and construction of buildings: including architecture, mechanical systems, electrical systems, building science, and structural engineering.
- Knowledge of multiple project delivery methodologies, including Design-Bid-Build (DBB), Design-Build (DB), Construction Management (CM), and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Knowledge of municipal procurements procedures, including tenders, Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quotation (RFQ), and Best-Value (BV) procurement.
- Knowledge of civic facility operations, including mechanical systems, electrical systems, telecommunications, hazardous material abatement, building science, architecture, and structural design.
In addition to the very competitive salary of $86,208 to $107,760 and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
More search results
Dean, Gina Cody School of Engineering and Compute…
Emera Chair In Smart Grid Technologies
University of New Brunswick
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Mechanical Project Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Senior Structural Engineer
International Quest Engineering Ltd.