TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for an individual to join the TRIUMF team and provide applied physics support to the existing Superconducting RF (SRF) and RF infrastructure as an SRF/RF Scientist. Your other responsibilities/duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deputy system owner and contact for operating, maintaining and upgrading the ISAC-II SRF linac RF system and the e-Linac RF system
- Functioning as a contact and support for the operation and maintenance of other RF systems at TRIUMF
- Supporting RF developments within and external to TRIUMF, including collaborators such as other labs,industry partners, and other NSERC funded research
- Supporting RF student activities including design and realization of RF systems
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
As our ideal candidate, you will have strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Your other qualifications include:
- Experience in accelerator operations and technology
- SRF technology experience, including cavity design, cavity testing, and SRF principles
- Proven ability to use standard RF diagnostic equipment, including network analyzers and oscilloscopes
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with direct experience in RF/SRF technology
- A PhD in engineering or applied sciences
While not required, some demonstrated experience in leading small projects and/or experience in running finite element codes for analyzing cavities and RF systems would be considered an asset to your application.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given serious consideration, and in the case of equal qualifications, preference will be given to a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, basic life insurance, disability insurance and defined benefit pension plan
- A competitive hiring salary range of $60,055.00 - $72,065.00 per annum; the actual offered salary will be based on the applicant’s experience and internal equity, but will usually not exceed the upper limit of the range
- An excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high-profile national research facility
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your application package must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be accepted for consideration applications must be complete, and must include the following in one PDF file:
- Subject line: 805
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: January 29, 2021
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
Confidential Fax: 604.222.3791
4004 Wesbrook Mall