Energy Efficiency Specialist
Energy Efficiency Specialist (Full time, work from home)
Are you passionate about reducing energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, and the overall environmental impact of buildings? Do you want to be part of a team that is playing a leadership role in the transition to a cleaner future? Are you excited about finding and implementing practical solutions that achieve this vision while saving money and achieving a strong return on investment? Do you enjoy working independently, and appreciate flexibility and working from home? If so, you might be our clients’ next Energy Efficiency Specialist.
Our client is searching for someone who is looking to be part of a creative, diverse, and high-achieving team. Responsible for supporting clients with evaluating and implementing energy efficiency projects, you will contribute to projects in multi-family housing (market-rental, non-profits, and co-ops) and commercial buildings. You may also support a variety of other consulting projects aimed at developing strategies for advancing sustainability in buildings.
Our client is a BC-based energy efficiency consulting company that works with building owners/managers, utilities, governments, and developers. They plan and implement practical solutions that reduce environmental impacts and provide high returns on investment.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will:
- Conduct energy assessments of client’s facilities
- Support the design and implementation of energy efficiency projects
- Conduct research and analysis on a variety of topics related to energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reductions
- Assist Professional Engineers with technical analysis
- Communicate with clients in person, via phone, and in writing
- Produce professional reports independently, and in collaboration with other team members
- Support administrative tasks as required (e.g. processing, tracking, and reporting information about buildings)
Work Availability: Work from your home office; Full time 40 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday. Periodic site visits to buildings throughout BC (primarily in the lower mainland) will be required; periodic in-person meetings in Vancouver will also be required. Some travel in BC and Alberta may be required.
- Help reduce environmental impacts and transition to a cleaner future
- Ability to work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours of work
- Creative environment
- Opportunity to play a leadership role in the industry and support innovative approaches to energy efficiency
- Opportunity to learn from an incredible team of industry leaders in energy efficiency and building decarbonization
Who you are:
- Hold strong environmental values while understanding for-profit business standards
- Desire and ability to acquire and apply technical expertise
- Integrity, honesty and responsibility with a desire to contribute to a team
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve issues through teamwork, respect, courtesy, and discretion
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Methodical in your approach to completing projects from start to finish
- Creative thinker who responds to a multitude of challenges and finds ways to get jobs and tasks complete within set deadlines and budgets
- Enthusiastic individual seeking long term commitment with a values-driven company
- Willingness and ability to travel to Canadian client sites when required
- Able to pass a criminal record check
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum two years’ experience in energy assessments and/or energy management
- Post-secondary education in Energy Management (e.g. SEMAC program or similar) or Engineering (mechanical or electrical)
- Skillful in Microsoft Office suite; particularly an intermediate+ proficiency in Excel
- AutoCAD and/or Revit skills an asset
- Engineer-in-training (EIT)/technologist status with EGBC or other similar body an asset
- Energy modeling skills an asset
- Building science and building enclosure knowledge an asset
- Valid class five B.C. driver's license and passport
Apply: If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume, indicating ‘EES 10.2020 - (FIRST NAME, LAST NAME) in the subject line by 5pm on October 23, 2020.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Our client celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse group of talented team members.