TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We have an exciting two (2) year term position for an early career Structural Engineer who will provide detailed structural engineering analysis and design for concrete and steel structures. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Participating in quality control of the work carried out by technical personnel
- Preparing supporting documents, technical specifications, and reports
- Helping prepare estimates, schedules, and budgets when required
As our ideal candidate, you have knowledge of an analysis and design skills in structural engineering of reinforced concrete and structural steel building components. You also have strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills. Your other qualifications include:
- Knowledge of seismic load and effects on elements of structures, non-structural components, and equipment
- Experience with specifications, technical reports, construction, and field reviews
- An undergraduate degree in civil or structural engineering, combined with at least five (5) years of engineering experience after graduation that includes progressive experience in structural engineering design
- Eligibility to register as a P.Eng in British Columbia (EGBC)
While not required, a high level of competency in AutoCAD (DraftSight) would be considered a definite asset to your application.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada for the duration of the contract.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high-profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: 794
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: October 8, 2020
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
More search results
DP WORLD CANADA
Engineering Technical Manager
OSP Field Solutions Engineer CANADA
Quality Engineer wiht Swift programming
Omega Solutions Inc