- 3D modelling for Equipment, Piping, Support Structures, Electrical Cable trays and conduits.
- Coordinate the 3D laser scanning activities and incorporating point cloud data into 3D models for clash detection, interferences, etc.
- Learn and apply the DANMARE CADD Standard document to all drawings. Recommend improvements as required.
- Develop and prepare engineering and architectural drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Review and approve vendor equipment approval drawings
- Incorporate vendor equipment drawings into 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, NFPA, OSHA standards
- Site verifications as required.
- Identify and communicate deviations from scope of work.
- Ability to lead project design, distribute and check other team members work.
- Ability to attend in a professional manner client and vendor meetings.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Establish internal drawing standards and procedures.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with DANMARE management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Take care to produce work which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
Education: Degree in Engineering, or Diploma in Engineering / Technology or equivalent.
Experience: 5 years + previous 3D and 2D plant design/drafting experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
Κnowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Specializing in Autodesk Plant 3D, AutoCAD
- Solidworks and Revit not required, but considered an asset
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Management skills
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and Visio.