If you have the neccessary skills, character and experience below then please apply to this leading role in Canada!
To manage, co-ordinate and lead the strategy of the Engineering Operations function of the customer fulfilment centre ensuring an efficient and cost effective service to the operational customers.
Management of the department, ensuring close working relationships and coordination between the Engineering support function and the Operation. Optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its MHE automation.
To set objectives for and monitor the performance of first line managers and team leaders. Focus on continuous improvement and champion change in all areas of MHE, operations, people and customer.
Key performance areas:
- Managing and delivering to department KPIs, including
- MHE performance
- Engineering Stores availability
- Performance & development of department
- Driving and managing change
- Continuous Improvement
- Co-ordinate all engineering and management training
- Managing Costs – setting and managing to budget
- All aspects of Safety
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the specific Service Level Agreements performance levels agreed with the operational customer.
- Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers.
- Maintain and improve performance levels of immediate team and coach behaviours in first line reports to maximise efficiency / effectiveness in line with site KPIs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and introduce preventative measures where appropriate.
- Lead site improvement programmes.
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance the warehouse functions and improve the general running of the business.
- Deliver a high availability level within the operation to maximise our customer experience.
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site’s continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
- Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Ensure site standards are high. Ensure and apply an excellence approach to all activities and site standards and ensure the team demonstrate this.
- Support the CFC Operation by being proactive and achieving targets within agreed timescales.
- Ensure effective communications within the Operational Team, ensuring the same message is delivered across the operation.
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to senior management.
Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- To be responsible for the day to day implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment Policy across the operation.
- Take ownership of health and safety practices within their area of work
- Be responsible for the application of Ocado policies and procedures and applying regulatory compliance to their area of work including the enforcement of all site safety rules e.g. maintenance and inspection regime.
- Immediately advise superiors in the event of any identified health and safety risks in accordance with any provincial health and safety legislation, and/or any other issues requiring direction.
- Advise, lead and motivate First Line Managers; be proactive in the development of First Line Managers, provide coaching and feedback.
- Involvement in disciplinary issues in conjunction with the HR Team.
- Recruitment of team members as required in conjunction with recruitment team
- Management of the Engineering Training Leader who is responsible for the delivery of first class training at all levels through the engineering department.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with support function managers including HR, Engineering and Projects.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- People manager with demonstrate-able experience within a relevant industry and business function
- Understanding of Engineering systems
- Further education to degree level in Engineering
- Project management aptitude
- Knowledge of and demonstrable competencies in relation to provincial health and safety legislation, in particular, the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Communication Skills: - Ability to communicate at all levels, within the business and with suppliers.
- Administrative Skills: - Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business.
- Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent track record in a similar industry.
- Significant experience in the region in a similar role.
- Proficient understanding of compliance and regulations in region
- Languages; Fluent written and verbal English
- Highly Desirable for fluent written and verbal French.
- Experienced in recruiting a team of all levels in the region
- Experience of construction and installation in the region.
- A track record of dispute resolution
- Experienced with technology and IT, track record of holding escalation calls with engineers and technologists
- Can take ownership and accountability and has a keen sense of self awareness in regards to strengths and development areas.
- Ability to build rapport with key stakeholders and be able to hold a balanced view and communicate all levels of information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to support and lead a team.
- Pro-active and has spent the majority of the time on shop floor.
- Good communications and team skills.
- Excellent customer facing service and relationship building skills.
- Creative ability to develop new ideas and implement improvements.
- People management skills, ability to manage and negotiate with diverse customer and supplier requirements
Competitive and comprehensive benefits in accordance with company policies and provincial standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Ocado complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and candidates seeking accommodation during the recruitment process should advise the company at the earliest opportunity.
To apply for this role please go to the link below: