Seeking an experienced Pipeline Integrity Engineer to support Imperial's Upstream business unit, overseeing integrity management of over 1500 pipeline segments at upstream assets in Alberta and North West Territories. Individual will be located in Calgary, Alberta, however the position would report to the Programmatics Supervisor in Cold Lake, Alberta.
The individual will work in a multi-discipline environment which interfaces regularly with Facilities Engineering, Operations, Regulatory, Maintenance and other Technical support teams.
The candidate must have an Engineering degree and be in good standing with APEGA. Ideally the candidate has acreditation in Alberta and is able and willing to obtain acreditation in NWT. The candidate must have a broad and extensive knowledge (> 5 yrs) of integrity programs on operating pipelines.
Examples of specific responsibilities:
- Lead the technical aspects of In Line Inspection (ILI) campaigns (tool/vendor selection, cleaning programs, ILI execution, review of results)
- Design maintenance pigging programs including pig selection
- Provide technical recommendations for chemical inhibition programs
- Provide input to all phases of pipeline life (design, operation, maintenance/modifications, and decommissioning)
- Provide technical recommendations for Cathodic Protection system design and operation
- Identify relevant integrity threats for pipelines that transport steam, oil effluent, produced water, dilbit, diluent, gas
- Establish pipeline fitness for service and assign integrity reassessment intervals. Prepare Engineering Assessments.
- Conduct Threat Identification & Risk Assessments and recommend preventive & mitigation measures
- Present integrity management decisions/documentation to senior management, internal assessors and regulators
- Select and review results from appropriate integrity assessment methods such as In-Line-Inspection, non-destructive examination, hydrotesting, and External Corrosion Direct Assessment
- Determine necessary repairs, issue repair plans, and organize/facilitate business team meetings to operational changes as needed
- BSc or MSc in Materials or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty and professional credibility
- Familarity and direct experience with application of pipeline regulations, codes and standards (CSA Z662, ASTM, API, NACE, ASME, etc)
- Strong communication skills, including interface with internal and external stakeholders and contractors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Familiarity with PODS and Pipeline Office Studio would be an asset
Start date: Q2 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.