The successful candidate will be a member of a research team that is evaluating new surface mining technology for application at Imperial Oil’s Kearl Mine.
Examples of specific responsibilitites:
- Accountable for the development, performance review and analysis of surface mining technology.
- Technical guidance and quality oversight of research related to mine engineering work product
- Coordination with mine performance and mine development asset technical teams
- Analysis, valuation and prioritization of mine engineering projects within research portfolio
- Evaluating and equipment performance
- Safety leadership
- Interfacing with projects, operations, and maintenance groups
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to junior staff
- BSc, Mine Engineering or advanced degree
- Approximately 10 years of experience in mine engineering or mining research, with a preference for oil sands short/long range mine planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with commercial mine planning software packages
Start date: Q2 2018
Location: Calgary, Alberta
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
As an integrated energy company, we explore for, produce, refine and market products essential to society. Whether it's finding oil and gas, making and selling high-quality petroleum products, or investing in innovative research, our business helps ensure Canada's quality of life and energy future. We are Canada's largest refiner of petroleum products. It’s hard to imagine life without the products manufactured from hydrocarbons. They fuel our economies, heat our homes and make our lives easier and more enjoyable. Like you, we are concerned about the effects on the environment and in 2016 we invested $195 million on research and technology and have access to $1 billion per year of research through our majority shareholder, ExxonMobil.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.