This position is for Cosma Castings Group Office, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
The Regional Quality Engineer will be responsible to ensure that Q.A systems and procedures for control and maintenance of established levels of product quality are being followed. The role will also involve the rollout, implementation and monitoring of new quality initiatives as defined by Cosma's Global Quality leads. This role will include responsibility for multiple Cosma divisions within a defined region.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with divisions to ensure that quality standards are understood and being adhered to ie: Weld destruct best practices, Spill prevention
- Ensure that divisions understand all applicable customer requirements
- Assist Divisional management team with Customer Quality Management Issues when required
- Train and implement new quality initiatives as defined by Cosma's Global Quality leads
- Work with divisions to identify and reduce non value added cost of quality opportunities
- Audit adherence to control plan conformance
- Review of 8D, 5 why, for complete root cause analysis and robust permanent corrective actions and read across activity when applicable
- May be stationed at a divisions from time to time, temporarily
- Providing divisional quality personnel with leadership, coaching, mentoring, training and performance management to ensure departmental adherence to Quality requirements
- Responsible for representing management for the adherence to quality systems and reports on the performance of the systems as a basis for continuous improvement
- Must have a valid passport
- May provide data on financial matters
Knowledge and Education
- Post-secondary education in Engineering with at least 5 years' experience in a stamping/welding environment
- Requires knowledge of advanced principles in various forms of metal forming, joining/welding
- Must understand quality fundamentals, root cause analysis, PFMEA/Ctrl Plans, customer specific requirements
- ASQ CQE
Skills and Competencies
- Provides instruction on complex material and/or provides support
- Ability to negotiate with others
- Requires constant audio and visual attention
- Moderate levels of lifting/moving/bending are required
- Intense attention to detail with considerable analytical work
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands
- Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to encourage and inspire employees
- Proficient in using Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) core tools
- Must possess human relations, leadership skills and maturity of judgment.
- Must be proficient in computer use, including Statistical Techniques & methodologies
- Good attention to detail, and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily office / manufacturing environment; plant floor characterized by temperature extremes, loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic.
- Flexible and additional hours as required
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office / manufacturing environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
- Business travel is a requirement of this position, within and outside of core working hours, Regular overnight travel 50 - 75% of the time
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.