This person is accountable for supplier management in reference to APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), product capability and continuous improvements. Tracks, evaluates and monitors systemic performance of supply base. Provides support to suppliers experiencing systemic product/process difficulties
* Communicates key project expectations to applicable suppliers and internal teams. * Develops and monitors suppliers' micro plans. * Tracks and ensures supplier adherence to the Web Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) reporting system. * Where applicable, arranges and monitors supplier validation testing. * Prepares written reports on all supplier assessment results and follows up on actions and responses. * Develops suppliers to AIAG standards (Auto Industry Action Group) to ensure continuous on time supply of superior quality components. * Utilizes specialized experience to assist supplier in correcting specific deficiencies. * Remains on-site at supplier until specific product issue is rectified; Performs on site assessments of suppliers as required. * Schedules & supports supplier systemic improvement meetings (SSIM) with poor performance suppliers. * Schedules and performs launch reviews on new projects with key product suppliers at supplier locations, including but not limited to Product Sign Off (PSO) and run-at-rate. * Tracks supplier incoming product quality as quality operating systems measurable. * Develops, manages and supports all supplier rating system deliverables, including continuous improvements with appropriate Supplier communications. * Supplier Parts Per Million (PPM); Supplier performance (SIMS - delivery/quality); Supplier systemic corrective action plan effectiveness; Supplier launch readiness effectiveness; Supplier APQP effectiveness; Manage suppliers corrective actions * Audits specific key characteristics as determined by Quality Manager. * Review, tracks and analyses on site supplier capability information, follow up corrective actions, long term strategies to resolve issues identified. * Reports to Quality Protocol team on a regular basis all findings and recommendations. * Tracks all relevant data and stores in an organized, efficient manner. * Adherence to on site supplier audit schedule as dictated by Quality Manager * Monthly statistical report outs (supplier results, capabilities, improvement plans) * Performs other duties as required.
* Supplier performance (SIMS - delivery/quality)
* Analyses Data * Communicates Effectively * Evaluates * Follows Through * Mechanical Aptitude * Multi-Tasks * Responds Appropriately to Crisis Situations * Working knowledge of control plans, IATF 16949, PFMEAs (Process Failure Modes Effect Analysis), Eight Dimensional (8D) problem solving * Valid Passport / Able to travel with little notice provided
* Post-secondary education program in Engineering. * 1 to less than 3 years of work related experience. * Auditor certification required within 6 months of hire
* 1 to less than 3 years automotive quality experience
Works in a comfortable environment either inside or outside in typically pleasant conditions. Typical conditions are such that no risk of any injury or harmful effect is likely.