Manager, Innovation, Engineering and Program Delivery (East/Central)
Are you a strong leader looking for a new challenge?
If so, please consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs to manage a team of highly motivated, multidisciplinary team of professionals and specialists responsible for delivering engineering and environmental solutions for the agriculture and food sectors.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide strategic engineering leadership, guidance and coaching to on-site staff as well as staff in regional offices
• oversee the design, development and implementation of engineering programs and services pertaining to agricultural, food and environmental management as well as the transfer of new technologies to stakeholders
• play a lead role in the coordination and implementation of the ministry's environmental priorities (e.g., soil health, Great Lakes water quality, climate change), and determine the key areas of engineering and environmental expertise to address priorities and regulatory mandates
• develop and promote best practices and resources for the agricultural and food industry to support environmental stewardship, economic development and protection and assurance of the agri-food sector
• develop and nurture relationships with industry stakeholders, ministry partners, municipalities and other government partners
• provide expert advice and guidance to senior management
• oversee the team's financial and human resources activities
How do I qualify?
• You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
Managerial and leadership skills:
• You have experience providing strategic direction, guidance and coaching to staff and/or project teams.
• You have experience fostering an environment of high performance, learning, growth and continuous improvement.
• You have experience leading the development and delivery of programs and/or services.
• You have experience leading human resources and organizational change initiatives.
Strategic and operational planning skills:
• You have experience establishing strategic objectives and work plans to meet current and future priorities.
• You have experience managing projects, evaluating performance, effectively utilizing resources and prioritizing tasks to deliver results to achieve measurable outcomes.
• You have experience identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and driving transformational change.
Communication and relationship management skills:
• You have experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders, partners and clients.
• You can assert influence to gain client support, cooperation and participation on ministry initiatives.
• You are able to apply political acuity in the management of complex, sensitive and high-profile issues.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have knowledge of engineering principles and best practices in the fields of agricultural and environmental management, farming and food processing.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations and policies related to the agriculture and food industries (e.g. Farming and Food Production Protection Act, Farm Implements Act) and environmental management (e.g. Nutrient Management Act).
Salary Range: $88,908 - $124,206 per year
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 121098, by Tuesday, March 27, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.