Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
There are 5 positions available to be filled in the following locations: 2 positions in Kelowna, 1 position in Williams Lake, 1 position in Dawson Creek, and 1 position in Salmon Arm
Field Services Assistant (Grading)
Salary $51,587.16 - $58,580.39 annually
This position is designated mobile status.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Provincial Field Services unit is the delivery component of the Ministry’s annual highway construction and rehabilitation programs and is responsible for direct field administration of grading, paving and sealcoat works throughout the Province, covering contracted and day labour projects (planned and emergency response). Field services work encompasses all aspects of those administration services as well as the technical aspects of the three construction disciplines.
The Field Services Assistant reports directly to the Ministry Representative, Field Services or may be assigned duties under the Assistant Ministry Representative, Field Services. Within a team environment the incumbent assists staff in key development areas.
Within a team environment the incumbent assists staff in the following key development areas:
- surveys for Field Services Works;
- inspections for Field Services Works;
- measurements and calculating quantities;
- Quality Management tasks, including all levels of audits;
- management of Field Services Works;
- perform general office, accounting, and administrative duties
Qualifications for this role include:
· Have a civil technology diploma plus 2 (two) years related experience in Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience, OR;
· a related engineering degree plus 1 (one) years related experience, OR;
· grade 12 plus additional construction-related courses (survey, design, materials, hydraulics, blasting, asphalt, etc.) with a minimum of 5 (five) years directly related experience in highway construction or paving.
Provisos/Other job Requirements:
- Valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle License and the provision of a drivers abstract
- Must be willing and able to work outside during periods of inclement weather and/or on rough terrain.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Province of BC
- Amended: Must successfully complete a Quality Management Systems Auditor course. (This is not required prior to hire, the course can be taken once hired)
- Amended: Must complete a safety supervision certificate. (This is not required prior to hire, the certification can be take place once hired)
For more information and to apply online by March 19, 2018, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=48817