Reporting to the Senior Manager, Industrial, the Senior Project Manager will provide the necessary leadership to bid, plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and control assigned industrial projects.
This position will ideally be based in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, but may be located east of Ontario. The role will be advertised with Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and Moncton, New Brunswick as locations.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish the strategic direction of assigned projects
- Develop project specific programs and plans such as ITPs, EPPs, safety, sequencing plans, manpower loading plans, diversity plans
- Prepare value engineering studies
- Develop constructability reviews
- Oversee the preparation of CPM project schedules, budget, design development, resource requirements, and project work plans
- Prepare written scopes of work, detailed plans, and specification reviews
- Negotiate business and legal provisions of construction contracts
- Assist Estimators with preparing project budgets (inhouse labour/material estimating and subcontractor bids)
- Identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Anticipate constructability issues in complex situations, and create solutions
- Develop and revise project work plans
- Develop procurement strategies
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Professional engineer (P.Eng) designation
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with large industrial construction projects in Canada
- Recent experience managing and leading construction projects greater than $20 million
- Knowledge of different contract forms such as design build, EPC, lump sum, and time and material
- Understating of industrial labour relations
- Extensive experience with construction management processes, means, and methods
- Experience using construction-related computer programs (e.g., scheduling, Microsoft Office, CADD, cost control)
- Knowledge of construction related Canadian legislation and codes (e.g., safety, labour, building codes)
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Willing to travel within eastern Canada
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to email@example.com Please reference Senior Project Manager, Industrial NS180227 in the subject line of your email.
After you submit your resume, please complete the online job application by clicking on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MVTWKDM.
Applications that do not follow the application instructions described above may not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.