The University of Victoria acknowledges and respects the Lkwungen-speaking peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
The University of Victoria (UVic) is consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading research universities, demonstrating extraordinary depth of excellence across a wide array of graduate and undergraduate programs. The University’s 26,000 students, faculty and staff contribute to and benefit from the UVic Edge – the potent fusion of dynamic learning, and research with vital impact in an extraordinary academic environment. A welcoming and increasingly diverse university community with a collegial leadership culture, UVic tackles issues that matter to people, places and the planet. Its vibrant Pacific Rim location inspires new ways of thinking and action in a community rich with Indigenous and international perspectives, while its size and culture nurture personal connections on campus and beyond. For more information please visit: www.uvic.ca
The Faculty of Engineering at UVic is comprised of four departments: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. It offers degrees in Computer Science as well as accredited undergraduate engineering degrees in Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering. The second largest engineering school in BC, the Faculty is home to approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and more than 550 graduate students and is renowned for its coop education and experiential learning opportunities.
The University of Victoria is seeking an experienced and visionary leader who will enhance the Faculty of Engineering’s commitment to excellence in scholarship, research and service. While the search committee recognizes that no one individual will possess all of these qualifications in equal measure, the following are seen to be particularly important:
- PhD or equivalent and a distinguished academic record commensurate with the rank of Full Professor
- Professional engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada or eligible for Professional Engineer registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Relevant leadership experience in a complex organization including;
- Building and implementing strategic plans
- Dealing with the unique challenges of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to collegiality and collegial governance
- Knowledge of Indigenization and/or humility and willingness to learn about Indigenous ways of knowing and being
- Engaging in fund-raising for further expansion of the resource base of the Faculty
- Developing and maintaining standards of excellence in teaching, including implementation of new programs and support for innovation in program delivery
- Strong financial and entrepreneurial acumen
Salary range: To be negotiated – The University of Victoria offers a competitive benefits package, pension plan and relocation assistance.
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university.
To learn more please call Cameron Geldart or Maureen Geldart of The Geldart Group at (604) 926-0005 or forward your CV, a letter of introduction and the names of three referees, in confidence, to email@example.com.