Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operations and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures.
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at sites.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5-years experience with water hydraulic systems
- Fully conversant with the various control modes of extrusion and forging presses
- Familiar with both Siemens and Allen Bradley control systems; programming ability will not be required
- Drafting capabilities in Autocad or similar program required.
- Team building & leadership skills
- Ability to communicate in English required. French is considered an asset.
Position is based in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Travel is required approximately 30% of the time, mainly throughout North & South America, with occasional travel to India and the United Kingdom.
Salary & Benefits – Salary range $80,000 to $100,000. A comprehensive benefits package will be offered which includes 4-weeks’ vacation and a comprehensive extended health, dental and disability benefit package. Salary will be reviewed annually, with any raise based on performance, prevailing retail price index and company revenue.
Business address: 1-6140 William Street, Niagara Falls, ON L2J 3W3
Reports to: Managing Director