Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join Tolko Industries, you are signing on with an industry leader in world markets that has built success through three generations with over 3000 employees and growing. We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation where people succeed as our most valuable resource. Our structure and culture encourage innovation, growth, and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
We are seeking certified Journeyman Millwrights for our High Prairie, AB Canada facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Millwright will work as part of a team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high performance team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of all mill machinery and duties including:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process of OSB.
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders. Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the Lumber/wood processing sector.
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Journeyman Millwright certification.
- Hydraulic systems troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics.
- Strong problem solving skills commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook considered an asset.
- Experience with CMMS systems and JDE.
- Previous experience in a forest products environment.
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company