SEMA Railway Structures specializes in railway infrastructure planning, engineering, and construction. As part of Groupe SEMA, we have more than 90 full time transportation infrastructure personnel and has successfully completed a wide array of projects in virtually every province in Canada. To learn more, please visit www.sema.ca. We are currently looking for a skilled and dedicated project manager to join our team.
LOCATION : This position will be based out of our office in Toronto, Ontario and will be required to travel to work sites within Canada. Applicants MUST be bilingual (French and English)
Reporting to the Vice-President, Rail Infrastructure, the Project Manager is responsible for managing projects relating to railway bridges and culverts. Key responsbilities include :
- Participating in the preparation of tenders
- Developing, managing and monitoring project schedules
- Planning and sourcing the equipment, human and financial resources required for the projects
- Negotiating and awarding contracts to subcontractors
- Identifying, negotiating and invoicing additional work and costs to the clients
- Preparing progress billings
- Managing the project budget withing company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with quality and security standards
- Communicating with subcontractors, professionals and clients
- Participating and leading various project meetings
- Preparing reports as required
- Civil Engineering degree (recognized in Canada)
- Must have 3 to 5 years project management experience, preferrably in the heavy construction sector in a railway environment
- Must hold a valid drivers license
- Bilingualism (French and English) is REQUIRED. Please DO NOT apply if you are not bilingual.
- Willing and able to travel to a variety of work sites across Canada
Skills and competencies:
- Expert project management skills
- A strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Proven leadership ability
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Effective at problem solving and managing issues
Sema offers competitive salaries and benefits, including group insurance and a pension plan. Salaries are commensurate with experience.
This work may require work on weekends or evenings. Due to the safety regulations of working in a railway environment, regular drug and alcohol testing will be conducted. In addition, some projects have camps where alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 418-775-7184 with a cover letter salary expectations and current resume to Human Resources, by October 6, 2017. We regret that we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward.