Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible. Modatek is located in Milton, Ontario - just south of the 401.
In accordance to Magna Finance Policy and GAAP, the General Accountant is responsible for general accounting activities including ensuring that financial reports are produced and loaded to Group office on time to meet deadlines.
What you will do
- Month End:
Day to Day:
- Coordinates the month end process; setting up binders, distributing reconciliation lists, reviewing binders at end of month for sign off and completeness
- Reconciles sub-ledger accounts to general ledger account balances, including AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Prepaid and Tooling accounts
- Prepares entries for month end closing related to general accounting
- Prepares provincial sales tax GST, VAT, Ohio returns
- Completes monthly analysis of SGA expenses, GRIV, and FX
- Prepares period end balance sheet, income statement, working capital analysis, intercompany out of balance, lease analysis, statistical files and other standard period end reports and analysis for review
- Oversees & supports technical aspects of the day to day activities for accounts payable and accounts receivable team members
- Prepares monthly cheque proposal for review and approval and loads Positive pay file
- Monitors accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure expected cash inflow and outflows
- Follows up and resolves outstanding accounts with vendors and customers
- Enters approved capital request packages for submissions
- Maintains and reconciles fixed asset schedules and database
- Maintains monthly capital progress reports (CTS) & coordinates monthly review meetings
- Responsible for annual archiving process and maintaining records for onsite/offsite storage
- Assists with preparation of budgets / business plans / forecasts (balance sheet)
- Oversees the completion of the year-end binders (CMF) and year-end Tax File
- Conducts the yearly Fixed Assets count
- Maintains work instruction log
What will be required
- CPA designation or currently enrolled. Must be within one (1) year of completion
- Minimum College Diploma in Accounting or Business
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a General Accountant role in a manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership qualitiesFinancial reporting and analysis experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with an ERP or similar accounting system
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Understands GAAP
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
What you can expect from us
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- Extended Health Benefits.
- Group RRSP with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Staff appreciation events.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.