As a member of the mechanical engineering team, this position is responsible for the conceptualization and development of servo & pneumatic based packaging machines and assemblies. This position requires an out of the box thinker and self-motivated employee who is interested in a role focused primarily on design.
- Use of design software to develop custom packaging automation solutions
- Interpret technical specifications & application parameters;
- Perform analysis & find solutions to various mechanical problems;
- Conceptualize designs, problem-solve, participate in product development team;
- Select cost effective OEM components, while ensuring design for manufacturing concepts have been applied.
- Create full design packages including BOM, detail drawings, assembly drawings and layouts;
- Check & validate all final design documentation, parts lists and drawings according to design & contract requirements, to ensure completeness & accuracy;
- Interact with purchasing department & production department, in office and on production floor as needed;
- Educate, mentor and provide training and/or resources to other Mechanical design employees when required.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technologist 3 year College Diploma;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as mechanical designer in custom automation sector.
- ERP System knowledge required with prior experience in Syteline considered a plus
- Must have superior Solidworks and AutoCAD 2D experience required; Inventor experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Servo applications and linear bearings / motion control required with servo applications completed with sizing preferred
- Understanding of project management methodologies; with experience in SCRUM / Agile preferred
- Demonstrated self starter who has taken on progressively larger responsibilities and projects
- Experience in packaging industry or in designing food grade / pharmaceutical equipment preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng), or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) considered an asset but not required.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without Company sponsorship.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to Jackie Myers email@example.com