Job ID: 2496
Short Term/Full Time
Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as law, criminology or business administration.
Minimum 5 years experience working in a regulatory environment.
Experience in conducting complex compliance investigations is an asset.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the theories, principles, standards and practices of compliance auditing and investigation,
- Strong knowledge of the residential construction industry, including its business practices and the municipal building process.
- Strong knowledge of the Homeowners Protection Act and its Regulations, and of BC Housing’s programs and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers
- Ability to interpret other legislations, including the application of such legislations to diverse fact patterns
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the residential construction industry and the municipal building and permitting process in BC
- Knowledge and understanding of proceedings in administrative hearings, quasi-criminal hearings and civil court
- Ability to coordinate a large and diverse case load of audits and investigations involving extensive consultation with external parties and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills, and the ability to reason through complex issues containing competing interests
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills, ability communicate with diverse audiences, and ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy in difficult, potentially hostile and confrontational situations
- Strong report writing skills, including the ability to prepare and present Compliance Orders, recommendations for the issuance of Monetary Penalties and Reports to Crown Counsel
- Excellent note-taking skills and the ability to enter well written, self-explanatory notes within a Licensing Database in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence, work under limited supervision and resolve issues effectively on site (NOTE: the job requires the employee to travel alone within BC from time to time and work on the road)
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of and proficiency with applicable software programs
- Class 5 Drivers License; Clean driving record, clean criminal record check
- Ability to travel with short notice
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.