Senior Project Officer
Job ID: 2486
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of social housing, group home and special facility development projects through all project development phases, from initiation through to warranty inspection and occupancy. Works collaboratively with project sponsors and partners, including societies, private sector developers, industry specialists, contractors, government ministries and other agencies in achieving project objectives. Specific responsibilities vary depending on the role BC Housing is playing in each project, whether as a funding / delivery agency and lender (for social housing projects where the Society has a development consultant) or as project manager and lender for directly delivered projects.
- University degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, or real estate development and financing or a related field
- Minimum 6 years project management experience relating to the development of multi-unit residential housing, preferably in the non-profit sector market. Experience negotiating issues through influence and persuasion.
- OR An equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s housing programs, and development and lending policies specifically relating to the development of social housing
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development/financial management, scheduling, quality assurance, and project team coordination
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of property development and construction, and comprehensive understanding of business
- Ability to coordinate planning, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on property and development matters
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Effective negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Effective interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly spreadsheet and project management software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.