At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family… the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Project Engineer who will grow at our Saint-Bonaventure, Quebec, Canada production facility OR Mississauga corporate office.
The Manufacturing Project Engineer is responsible for the planning, execution, supervision, and reporting of the most challenging key projects for Supply Chain that provide major cost savings and/or drive company growth initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Deliver the manufacturing capability required to support product commercialization initiatives for the Category Team
- Generate project scope, timeline, technology selection, bid documents, supervision, startup, and project closeout.
- Work with Category Project and Functional Managers in achieving alignment on project goals and milestones as the key contact with the executional staffs of the Process/Formulation, Packaging/Durables, Marketing, QA, Regulatory groups, and Facility Leadership Teams.
- Generate a plan and timeline to commercialize the technology (e.g., packaging, production, distribution, capitalization), ensure system readiness, and define resource scheduling in order to meet project objectives.
- Prepare documents(s) (e.g., project proposal, strategic project brief, project charter, project scope, product specifications) in order to define a project, establish expectations, and gain support.
- Transfer the technology (e.g., updated documentation, design package, business case, intellectual property) into an operating business unit(s) for the purpose of initiating maintenance and continuously improving the equipment asset and technology.
- Verify final design with customers and internal stakeholders to gain their buy-in, in order to assure final product (e.g., equipment, package) meets customer/stakeholder specifications, regulatory, trademark requirements and business objectives.
- Communicate project status and results in biweekly written technical reports and periodic oral presentations to Senior Leadership, Operations, and the Brand Teams.
- Manage the project costs (e.g., required resources, installation materials) that roll up into the overall commercialization project cost, in order to control costs against budget, and to ensure that assets are properly capitalized upon project closeout.
- This position could be filled at the Manager or Engineer level depending on the experience of the candidate.
The perfect person will have:
- Bilingual in French/English highly preferred but not required
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil)
- Minimum 3 years experience in process or product development, including planning, execution, and management of highly visible projects.
- Experience with both liquid and solid chemical processes.
- History of team-oriented problem solving in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes; includes understanding how design changes will affect these processes with regard to lead time, resource requirements, acquisition cost and tooling cost.
- Knowledge of material handling processes for moving materials/products throughout the manufacturing and distribution process.
- Proven track record in the application of fundamental engineering principles.
- Ability to use current PC-based software (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Project, etc.)
- Familiarity with methods and software for experimental design and statistical data analysis.
- Ability to develop conceptual Process Flowsheets (PFDs) and Equipment Diagrams and assist R&D and Operations staff with preparation and evaluation of P&IDs.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.