Imperial has an opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our team as an Analyzer Engineer at our Sarnia operation. As the Analyzer Engineer you would be responsible for the following across the entire site:
- Improving operational safety and reliability by developing cost effective repair and preventative maintenance strategies for analyzer equipment
- Supporting engineering and field execution for maintenance and capital projects
- Maintaining design standards for new facilities or equipment upgrades and ensuring that company standards and practices are followed
- Initiating, developing and implementing improvement projects within your area of assigned responsibility
- Support Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Reviewing the work of, and providing mentorship to, less experienced site analyzer resources
- Interfacing with other projects and operations groups
Learn more about working at our Sarnia operation here.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Engineering degree
- Ten years of analyzer related industrial experience, including a minimum of five years practical experience in an operating oil refinery or petrochemical facility
- Experience with Petroleum Analytical Testing, Process Analytics General, Sampling Systems, Process Chromatography and Spectroscopy, SQC for Analyzer Performance & Bias Management, Environmental & Safety Requirements-Analyzer Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Sound reasoning ability with a high level of self-initiative and a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge and skills with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Ability and interest to lead and participate in safety, health and environmental programs
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required
Start date: October/November 2017
Location: Sarnia, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month and four floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
- Relocation assistance will be provided to those who qualify.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: August 20, 2017
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers.
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil