Formet Industries is a division of Magna International Inc.; a leading global supplier of technologically advanced automotive systems, components and complete modules. As the most diversified automotive components supplier in the world, Magna designs, engineers, and manufactures a complete range of exterior and interior vehicle systems. Magna's customers, the major automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), recognize the Company for its innovative technology and product design and total vehicle program management.
Ensure that equipment meets or exceeds customer requirements with respect to safety, quality, flexibility and throughput. Establish process parameters and procedural requirements creating checks and balances to police conformance. Develop, analyze and implement continuous improvement ideas to meet long term customer required cost reductions and maintain profitability. The scope of work includes all capital equipment and tooling for internal manufacturing systems.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Establish, monitor and control timeline planning.
- Review, monitor and control tooling and capital budgets.
- Prepare presentations to engineering and management teams.
- Travel to customers/vendors to investigate quality concerns; tooling build process and buyoffs.
- Must be capable of handling projects from inception to completion.
- Deal with customers concerns.
- Prepare cycle-time analysis and/or time studies, to facilitate line balancing.
- Prepare reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects.
- Participate as required in all ISO14001 and ISO/TS16949 activities such as PFMEA and APQP incentives.
- Work in a safe, organized, effective, efficient and proactive manner.
- Assist in developing material handling logistics.
- Provide assistance with internal instruction of new equipment or processes.
- Coordinate and assist in activities for successful attainment of customer quality milestones.
- Assist in setting up preventative/predictive maintenance requirements.
- Co-ordinate all required actions to resolve quality issues.
- Assists in Special Material Runs requirements and Service Part requirements.
- Support FEC procedure with specific outline responsibilities.
- Provide product design direction based on part manufacturability.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
- Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable work related experience or hold a Certificate of Qualification in a related trade.
- Must have 3-5 years of troubleshooting, repairing, and improving systems
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.